Monday, February 9, 2009

Wake up call - You're OLD!

Being that it's my birthday month (ahem!) I'm already fully aware that I'm getting older. 30 was one thing...I mean, it's this big landmark...blah blah blah butI think I was under some sort of assumption that it stopped there. 31? Really?
So this morning, the first of my alarms goes off (I hit snooze a minimum of 3 times) and it's N'Sync's "Bye Bye Bye". Generally I smack the alarm off to snooze immediately, but in this case I took a moment to do a little bed dance. After said dance was completed, I hit the big snooze button. However, I was unable to drift off to sleep for another 9 minutes because my alarm had just sent me an alarming message.
The radio station that I have my alarm set to is the "lite" station in Chicago...and THAT'S the song they were playing? N'Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye' is already considered lite music? What's next? I'm going to hear it while I'm getting my next teeth cleaning? (FUCK- that reminds me, I have to call the dentist!)
Anyway- as if Mondays weren't depressing enough, I had to wake up to a reminder that time is indeed marching on? Stop this train, I want to get off!

No comments:

Post a Comment