Monday, February 2, 2009

And the Oscar goes to.....

So I've accomplished something that I strive to do every year, but never have - well, at least the years where the movies don't totally blow - I've seen all 5 movies that were nominated for Best Picture for the 2009 Oscars.
Truth be told, I've actually given up on awards shows in general (they were a staple of my early life) being that I'm currently of the opinion that "awards season" is over indulgent and Hollywood feels the need to pat themselves on the back a wee bit too much.
This year I feel like I have a little bit more of a reason to watch (besides Hugh Jackman hosting...whut!whut!) as I've made it my mission to see eveything....three of them within the last 48 hours.
So here it is- my list of the best...to uh....the 5th best:
1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Milk
3. The Reader
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. Frost / Nixon
That's my vote and I'm sticking to it. And I love being right so we'll see what happens Feb 22nd.
Oh- and PS...I made the mistake of being late to the Reader and saw Kate Winslet's lady parts a little closer than I would have preferred. Damn that front row!

No comments:

Post a Comment