Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"When the teacher pops a test, then I know I'm in a mess...."

....you know the rest. And if you don't, well, then that's okay because this isn't about you. It's about me. I had a friend tell me that he doesn't read blogs because he thinks they are the most narcissistic thing a person can do. I find that funny, being that he regularly checks the Craigslist "missed connections" to see if that cute guy that was leering at him on the subway thinks he's hot and left him a note to tell him so.

So why "Saved By The Bell"? Well, clearly I have an unhealthy obsession with Zach Morris (however until Mark-Paul cuts his hair, he will remain dead to me) - but that's only one slice of the pie. I consider myself a very lucky person. I seem to always find a way to get by. It's not something I'm bragging about, it's just a fact: My tax refund check comes JUST as I was fretting about money. A friend decides to have a destination wedding over the weekend that they were going to assign me an awful account at work. The guy I was dating decides to cheat on me and saves me the disappointment of being with his sorry ass any longer....you get the idea. All joking aside- I DO feel very lucky in life, and I need to remember that. What better way to do that than to record my life journey (well, my post-30-life-journey anyway)?

So here's where I stand moving forward: I'm a month away from turning 31, I have a great condo, fantastic friends, a secure job (which is pretty damn lucky in this economy), a supportive and loving family - so I'm reminding myself of that as much as possible. Additionally, about 10 years ago, I had aspirations to write a book: "Memoirs of a Bitter Suburban Homo". Well, I'm not (totally) bitter and living in the suburbs anymore, but who knows....you have to start somewhere. This may not turn in to anything, but if I ever did want to pursue that avenue, at least I'll have some material to work with.

If there's one thing I've realized in the last year is that I need to take care of me above all else. Selfish? Sure. But that's where I'm at right now. I'm won't dismiss the fact that I'm an attention hungry person and I'll be sending out the link for others to read this and comment as they wish, but above all else I believe it will give me a creative outlet to rant, rave, question, and comment on all the things that fly around in this very interesting (oversized) head of mine.



2 comments:

  1. I'd like to be the first to offer you the opposite of support in this endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited for this blog...I think it's a GLORIOUS idea, Mr. AC Slater...

    ReplyDelete